Travel Insurance for Motorcycle Rental

There’s nothing quite like the freedom of zooming around another country on a motorbike, moped or scooter – but given that accidents happen, it’s important to consider getting Motorcycle Cover.

Get a quote

Download our app to get a quote, buy a policy, and manage your cover.

Motorcycle rental highlights:

Two-wheeled vehicles are the preferred mode of transport in many places across Africa, Asia and Latin America. When you’re travelling, a rental motorbike, moped or scooter makes for a super convenient way to get around – not to mention fun! Even when you have your proper licence and wear a helmet though, accidents can happen – so it’s a good idea to take out Motorcycle Cover.

Medical Costs

We’ll provide coverage for any medical bills or additional expenses you incur from your participation in motorbike, moped or scooter riding.

Bikes < 250CC

Freely has coverage for bikes with an engine capacity of under 250cc provided you hold a valid Australian motor vehicle or motorcycle rider’s licence.

Power Bikes > 250CC

Provided you are the registered owner of a bike with a greater than or equal engine capacity to the one you’ve hired, and you’ve had a valid Australian motorcycle licence for at least five years, Freely will provide you with coverage.


Freely Coverage

You can add motorcycle cover once you have your Freely Essentials coverage. We’ve grouped the travel insurance essentials here to make things easy.

Get a quote
International & Domestic
Tick icon

Medical (International only)

Tick icon

Overseas Dental (International only)

Tick icon

Passport & Travel Documents (International only)

Tick icon

Emergency Evacuation

Tick icon

Emergency Repatriation

Tick icon

Personal Liability

Tick icon

Accidental Death & Disability

Tick icon

Cancellation and amendment

Tick icon

COVID-19 Cover

Emergency Assistance
Tick icon

24/7 Emergency & Medical Support

Tick icon

24/7 Customer Service

Tick icon

In-App Travel Safety Alerts

Tick icon

In-App COVID-19 Updates

Why choose Freely?

toggle icon
Overseas Essentials 

If your plans change, change your plan, with the flexibility to adjust your cover, even while you're away!

customer service icon
Connect to real humans
anytime, anywhere

Got questions? We've here to help with a team of travel insurance nerds, ready to answer your questions via in-app chat or call.

document icon
Get quick claims & fast resolution

It sucks when something goes wrong on your holiday, so we've made our claiming process quick and easy. Start it all on your phone, and get back to the good stuff.

time icon
24/7 Emergency Assistance

Enjoy instant access to a highly-qualified team of medical experts and crisis specialists all dedicated to looking out for you, wherever you are with your on-trip policy.

Add Motorcycle

You can purchase the Motorcycle Cover Boost once you have your Overseas Essentials cover.

Get a quote

Get cover for your stuff

Got some gear that you simply can’t leave without? Add the extra layers of cover you need to protect your stuff – and your peace of mind.

Smiling african man wearing a travel backpack
Luggage Cover
man asleep in airport waiting area
Extra Cancellation Cover
Asian woman snapping photograph
Specific Items Cover
outdoor photographers uploading images onto laptop
Gadget Cover
travellers on a conveyor belt at the airport
Flight Inconvenience Cover
Smiling african man wearing a travel backpack
Smiling african man wearing a travel backpack
Luggage Cover
man asleep in airport waiting area
Extra Cancellation Cover
Asian woman snapping photograph
Specific Items Cover from:

Frequently asked questions for Motorcycle Cover

These are questions we often get from travellers interested in Motorcycle Cover

What is covered if I rent a scooter, moped or motorbike?

What isn’t covered if I rent a scooter, moped or motorbike?

How much am I covered for if I have an accident while on a scooter, moped or motorbike?

Will I be covered if my rental scooter, moped or motorbike is damaged or stolen?

Can I rent a scooter, moped or motorbike with a car licence?

Will I be covered for motorbike, moped or scooter rental if I don’t have my motorbike licence?

Does Car Rental Cover include scooter, moped or motorbike rental?

Are there age restrictions for Motorcycle Cover?

Travel insurance that’s got your back

Take the sting out of those broken dreams – with our Essentials Product, you can travel with peace of mind.

Get a quote
Image of Freely in-app add a trip function
You're in good company.

With Freely, you know you're in good hands. The Freely product is underwritten by Zurich.